The Information We Collect
The types of information we collect when you use the Service depend on the features you use. “Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an identified or identifiable individual. We collect a variety of personal information from various sources. We may collect and use the following personal information. Please also see our “How Personal Information is Shared” section below for more information about how your personal information is shared:
- Identifiers, such as contact information – Identifiers include contact information that you provide to us - name, email, phone number, physical address, or other similar identifiers. We source this information directly from you. This information is used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to respond to an inquiry, for product and service improvement, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to provide the services that you have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, contractors, and payment processors.
- Vehicle data – We may collect information about your vehicle, such as certain information about your vehicle (e.g., make, model and variant). We source this information directly from you. This information is used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to respond to an inquiry, for product and service improvement, to provide the services that you have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative service providers and contractors.
- Demographic data - In some cases, such as when you register or participate in surveys, we request that you provide age, gender, and similar demographic details. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, marketing, or to provide relevant services. We disclose this information for business purposes to service providers and contractors.
- Personal information categories contained in customer records, such as payment information - If we provide an electronic payment option we may request and collect payment data through our service providers. Systainer Systems will not handle payment data ourselves. Customer records can include credit card or bank account information. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to respond to inquiries, to provide the services that you have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, contractors, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Commercial information - This may include records of services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to respond to an inquiry, or process an order. For example, we keep track of your purchases to create a purchase history. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, contractors, and payment processors.
- Geolocation data – We may collect your geolocation data. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Service). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, marketing, or to provide relevant services. We disclose this information for business purposes to service providers and contractors.
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity - This may include usage and browsing history; IP address; device information, including device properties; search history; information on your interaction with our Service; and error logs. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Service). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to improve our Service. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative service providers, contractors, data analytics providers, and internet service providers. We sell this information to data analytics providers. Please see our “Cookies, Online Tracking, and Ads” section below for more information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information - This may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Service). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, or marketing. We do disclose this information to third parties.
How Personal Information is Collected
We collect personal information from you when you navigate our Service, contact us, or enter information on our Service. Some specific examples of when we collect personal information include the following:
- Directly From You – You may give us your personal information when you do any of the following:
When you contact us,
Subscribe to our newsletter, alerts, or notices,
When you provide us feedback on our products and Service,
When you register or participate in surveys, or
You otherwise provide it to us.
- When You Interact with the Service – When you visit the Service, we automatically collect certain information from you. Please see the “Cookies, Online Tracking, and Ads” section below for more information,
- Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources – We may receive your personal information from third parties, which include: Internet, technical or other similar network activity from analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks and social media platforms;
Affiliated, parent, or corporate group of companies; and
Identifiers and commercial information from providers of technical, payment, and delivery services.
Cookies, Online Tracking, and Ads
- Facebook Analytics. We also use Facebook Analytics to measure your use of our Service, tailor our Service to your interests, and improve our products and services. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent.
How Personal Information is Shared
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
- Affiliated and Corporate Group of companies – We may disclose your personal information with our affiliated, parent, or corporate group of companies.
- Service Providers, Contractors, Professional Advisors, Business Partners and Others - We may use certain third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Service (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of the Service's features). These third parties may have access to your information for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
- With your consent - We may share or disclose personal information about you if you ask or authorize or direct us to do so.
Please also see the “Your Privacy Rights” section below for more information about how your personal information is shared.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the use of our Service,
- For the performance of a contract,
- To contact you,
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer,
- To manage your requests,
- For purposes permitted by and to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and laws, and
- For other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service and your experience.
International Users and Consent to Transfer
Systainer Systems will retain all categories of personal information described above for as long as needed to provide our services, as reasonably necessary for the disclosed purposes, to comply with our accounting and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, and to enforce our rights. In some circumstances we will anonymize, de-identify, or pseudonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without attempting to re-identify the data and without further notice to you as appropriate under applicable laws.
We take reasonable measures to safeguard and secure any personal information you provide to us. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure due to the inherent risks of data transmission over the Internet. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Service or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. We may post a notice via our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Third Party Links and Services
Your Privacy Rights
You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information. We will respond to any rights request in accordance with our obligations under applicable law.
- Right to Know/Access/Portability - You may request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom this information was shared. You may also request a copy of the personal information we have collected, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form.
- Right to Request Deletion - You may have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions.
- Right to Correct – You may have the right to request that inaccurate personal information is corrected.
- Right to Opt-Out of “Sale” - You may have a right to opt-out from “sale” of personal information. Systainer Systems does not “sell” personal information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, “sell” under certain laws is broadly defined. It includes the sharing of personal information with third parties in exchange for something of value, even if no money changes hands. We do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of children under 16 years old.
The personal information categories “sold” are the following to our affiliated and corporate group of companies, partners, and analytics vendors: identifiers; vehicle data; demographic data; personal information categories contained in customer records; commercial information; geolocation data; internet, technical, or other similar network activity; and inferences drawn from other personal information.
- Right to Opt-Out of “Sharing” or Targeted Advertising – You may have the right to opt-out of “sharing” or targeted Advertising. “Sharing” is when a business shares personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising. Targeted advertising is where advertisements for display are selected based on personal information obtained or inferred over time from your activities across nonaffiliated sites. Please see our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link in the footer of our website.
- Right to Opt-Out, Opt-In, or Limit Sensitive Personal Information Disclosure and Processing –You may have the right to opt-out, opt-in, or limit our processing of your sensitive personal information. Sensitive personal information may include geolocation data, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, citizenship or immigration status, genetic or biometric data, information regarding health diagnosis, government identification numbers, log in information in combination with a password, and the contents of mail, email and text messages. A “Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information” link is provided in the footer of our website.
- Right to Opt-Out of Profiling – You may have a right to opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. Profiling means automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person.
- Right Not to be Discriminated Against/No Retaliation – You may have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights. We will not retaliate against you for exercising your applicable rights.
We may offer various financial incentives from time to time. The terms of the financial incentive will be provided at the time you sign up for the financial incentive. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives. We have calculated the value of the financial incentive by using the expense related to the offer, and the value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you.
Shine the Light Disclosure
California law allows California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please put “Shine the Light” in the subject line of your communication and contact us through the contact methods provided below.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
This Service is not intended for or directed to anyone under the age of age of majority. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of majority has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
Changes to this Policy